Step by Step Application Process
Step 1. Familiarize yourself with the school
- Find time to visit the school during a typical school day to experience the school atmosphere unique to Whitesands School.
- Get familiar with the school’s educational philosophy.
- Read the Admissions policy of the school.
Step 2. Fill up the Application Form (W34) online.
Within 48 hours after completion of the online application, you should receive a confirmation letter stating the Unique Application Code for the candidate. If you do not receive the confirmation email, please send a reminder to firstname.lastname@example.org
Step 3. Examination Fees
Pay the Examination Fee of ?14,500 directly to Whitesands School bank account.
Account Name: IEF-Whitesands Fee Collection Account
Bank/Account Number: Zenith Bank 1010882105
It is important that you include the Unique Application Code as reference in the bank teller or online payment. Payment is recognized only when it reflects in the account of the school.
Step 4. Documents Submission by Email
Submit digital copy of the following documents to the Admissions Office
- Digital copy of the bank transaction showing your payment
- Recent passport photos of the candidate (Photo may be taken using ordinary smart phone but making sure there is a plain white background and the candidate is in his school uniform)
- Scanned copy of Birth Certificate
- Scanned copy of Baptismal Certificate (for Catholics and Anglicans)
- Scanned copy of report cards for three terms of the last school year (2020-21)
- Scanned copy of report card for the first term of this present school year (2021-22)
Once the documents above are complete, the Admissions Team will send you by email an Examination ID Card.
Step 5. Subjects for Examination
|JS1 new candidates||English Language, Mathematics and General Knowledge|
|JS2 transfer candidate||English Language, Mathematics, Basic Science and Social Studies & Civic Education of JS1|
|JS3 transfer candidate||English Language, Mathematics, Basic Science and Social Studies & Civic Education of JS2|
|SS1 transfer candidate||English Language, Mathematics, Basic Science and Social Studies & Civic Education of JS3|
Step 6. Entrance Examinations
- Incoming JS1 exam date: Saturday, 5 March 2022.
- Transfer students (to JS2, JS3 and SS1) exam date: Saturday, 4 June 2022.
- Candidates should come on the exam day in their sports attire. Lunch will be served on the exam date for the candidates.
- There will be written exams on the subjects mentioned, essay writing, questionnaire, listening comprehension test, individual interview and sports test.
- Parents of prospective candidates are encouraged to attend a talk/presentation on the Educational Philosophy of Whitesands School to be given during the exam day.
Step 7. Shortlisted candidates for Parents Interview
- The Unique Application Code of shortlisted JS1 candidates will be published in the school website within March 2022. They will also receive from the Admission Office a communication by email.
- For the transfer candidates, each one will receive a communication by email a week after the examination.
- Parents of shortlisted candidates should arrange by phone for a date/time when the two of them (mother and father) could come for the parents’ interview.
- The Admissions Office will send a communication on the exam results of those candidates who are not shortlisted.
Step 8. Successful Candidates
Successful candidates after the parents’ interview will be informed by email that they could proceed with the next stage of the admission process. The number of successful candidates is normally more than the available spaces.
Step 9. Payment of Fees and Completion of the Family Enrichment Programme
The Admission Letter will be issued to candidates after they have fulfilled the three conditions:
- Payment (by bank draft) of the development levy to our proprietor, Ikota Educational Foundation.
- Payment (by bank draft) of the first term school fees (tuition, meals fees, publication fee, Family Enrichment Programme fee) to Whitesands School.
- Parents have completed the Family Enrichment Programme (FEP). Parents who have done the FEP in the last three years may present their certificate and this will be accepted as valid.
Since there are limited available spaces, the Admission Letters will be issued on a first-come-first-served basis. At this point, the candidate is given his Admission Certificate which contains his Admission Number.
Step 10. Resumption of Classes
- Classes will resume on Wednesday, 14 September 2022. The new students will be given orientation for the first three days of school.
- Parents should come for a briefing from 8 am to 9 am on Friday, 16 September 2022.